1. Wilson ECF. A Practical Guide to Value of Information Analysis. PharmacoEc. 2015
What is a Value of Information analysis?
Useful resources for Value of Information
2. ISPOR Task Force: Value of Information Analysis for Research Decisions
3. Minelli C, Baio G. Value of Information: A Tool to Improve Research Prioritization and Reduce Waste. PLoS Medicine. 2015
4. Heath A. Bayesian computations for value of information measures using Gaussian processes, INLA and Moment Matching. The Academic Health Economists’ Blog. 2018
5. Steuten L, van de Wetering G, Groothuis-Oudshoorn K, et al. A Systematic and Critical Review of the Evolving Methods and Applications of Value of Information in Academia and Practice. PharmacoEconomics. 2013
1. Kunst N. Quantifying the value of further research to improve 21-gene assay decision-making in breast cancer. THETA Rounds 2020
2. Heath A. Value of Information as a tool for clinical trial design. THETA Rounds 2019
3. Baio G. Value of Information in practice. No, seriously: in practice! THETA Rounds 2016
1. SAVI – Sheffield Accelerated Value of Information
This web tool is an R Shiny Server application which can be used to calculate Expected Value of (Partial) Perfect Information for any cost-effectiveness model. To use this tool, only a probabilistic sensitivity analysis sample is required.
2. RANE – Rapid Assessment of Need for Evidence
This is a web based Shiny app which can be used to calculate the value of further research without a full economic model. It requires only an expression of uncertainty in a primary outcome (e.g. odds ratio) and a small number of other inputs such as baseline risk, incident population, duration of research etc.
This provides a web interface to the R package BCEA, designed to post-process the results of a statistical model and standardise health economic evaluations, as described in the following graph.
4. EVSI visualisation tools
This tool provides web applications for the visualisation of the EVSI
1. EVSI Example: The repository has four folders with R scripts that contain general functions for estimating EVSI using different methods.
2. EVSI-in-practice: A companion repository for the code to compare four recent EVSI calculation methods on three case studies that have been developed to reflect real-world characteristics of EVSI estimation.
1. SMDM 2019 Short Course: AM5 – Research Prioritisation and Study Design Using Value of Information Analysis
Course level: Beginner
Awarded the best short course at the 2019 Society for Medical Decision Making (SMDM)
2. SMDM 2019 Short Course: PM3 – Optimal Research Design Using Value of Information
Course level: Advanced